The app is compatible with iOS version 5.x and above
If you do not hear any sound while playing this app, try the following:
1) Check the volume buttons on the outside edge of your device to make sure the volume is not set to the lowest setting.
2) Check the Ring/Silent switch (or Side Switch on the iPad) on the outside edge of your device to make sure it is not set to silent (mute).
3) If #2 above does not work, please note that on an iPad, the Side Switch can be used in two different ways—as a Mute button or as a Rotation Lock button (so the screen doesn’t rotate when you tilt the device). It is possible that the sound was muted, and then the functionality of the switch was changed to Rotation Lock. In this case, flipping the switch back and forth will not turn the sound on and off. It will only affect the rotation of the screen.
To change the functionality of the switch back to Mute On/Off, go into your Settings. Under the category General, find the “Use Side Switch to” box, and check Mute. Then exit Settings and return to the app. Now the Side Switch should work to turn the audio on or off.
Once you turn on the audio, you can change the Side Switch back to a Rotation Lock button, and the audio will remain on.
You don’t. The app is designed for easy navigation and repeated play. Correct and incorrect answers move you to the next screen in a 10 activity set of games. To replay an activity, select the same game set and play again.
Complete the set you currently are playing and return to the navigation screen to select another set of activities.
Touch the Home button, the circular concave button on the face of the device, to leave the app. Touch the app icon when you are ready to return to the app. You will return to the same screen you were on.
The score for each set of activities shown on the navigation screen is your highest score on that set.
1) Touch the X at the top left corner of the screen to return to the navigation screen without taking a photo. Otherwise, touch “Tap to take a photo.” Once you have done so, your photograph will appear in the circle.
2) To take a different photo, touch the icon of the camera with the arrow at the bottom left corner of the screen.
3) When you have a picture you like, touch the icon of the folder with the smiley face at the bottom right corner of the screen. This stores your photo to your device and takes you back to the navigation screen. Touch the X at the top left corner of the screen to return to the navigation screen without storing the photo.
Each time you finish a set of questions, Brain Games for Kids gives you the opportunity to take a new photo. If you select the folder icon after you take a photo, then the screen showing your photo and your score will be stored in the Photos area on your own device.
Scroll to the right to view additional learning games, such as Brain Games Pre-K Red and Brain Games Pre-K Blue. Tap the icon for the game you wish to purchase. You will see a screen with the app description, the cost, and a Purchase button. Tap the Purchase button.
A pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm your in-app purchase. Click Cancel to return to the main screen. Click Buy to continue with the purchase.
You will be asked to sign in, using either your existing Apple ID or a new one you create. Enter your ID and password and click OK.
A progress bar will appear to indicate your download. When it disppears, tap the icon to launch the app.
Apple devices have built-in parental controls that you can access through the Settings button. By default, you have 15 minutes to continue making purchases after you type in your password. But you can change this default setting to eliminate the 15-minute timeframe and force a password for each purchase. To do this, go to Settings and select “General.” Scroll down and select “Restrictions.” Then select “Enable Restrictions.” (You will be asked to enter a Restrictions Passcode.) Then, scroll down again and select “Require Password.” Select “Immediately”.
For more information on iOS parental controls, go to:
*If you are unfamiliar with any of the terms used in the following section, please see Apple definitions for your specific device at: support.apple.com/manuals
Follow these steps to force an app to close (iOS):
Follow these steps to restart your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch):
Follow this step to reset your device:
Note: Reset your device only if it is no longer responding and the steps above do not work.
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
If the steps above do not help you, try the following:
Delete the app from your device and then restart your device (as explained above). Then re-download Brain Games for Kids directly to your device via Wi-Fi and not from your sync computer. Please let us know how it goes.
For further assistance, e-mail us at
Copyright © 2015 - Phoenix International Publications, Inc. - All rights reserved. “Sesame Workshop”®, “Sesame Street”®, and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop. © 2014 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of
Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of
Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.